The Tavor operator course is a full day course (8 hours) meant to teach students the fundamentals operation of the Tavor/Micro Tavor X95. Authentic Israeli techniques and tactics will be taught at this course.
This course will be taught by Ron Grobman, Founder and Chief instructor of Tactical Fitness and a former Israeli Special Forces Sniper. Read his bio here.
Tavor Operator - fundamental skills
- Introduction and Safety brief
- Learning to field strip the Tavor rifle along with internal mechanics and parts
- Basic prone position
- Loading and unloading procedures
- Trigger control and breathe control
- Use of sights/sight picture
- Learning to zero the sights, 25 meter zero for 50 yards
- Zero verification at 250 meters
- Shooting from Standing position
- Speed and tactical magazine changes
- Malfunction clearing- failure to feed/fire, double feed/ stove pipe
- Shooting from kneeling
- Summary drills - position transitions, malfunction stages, shooting under stress.
- All courses are for beginner level shooters!
***Participants will receive a FREE Tactical Fitness T-shirt, Tavor Operator Patch and certificate of participation.****
Limited to 12 Participants at the moment. Registration closes March 1, 2017
- Tavor/X95 tavor rifle
- 300 rounds of new ammunition
- 4 magazines
- Mag holder/pouch - Click for recommendation.
- shoes, belt, cargo style pants, t-shirt, and hat (weather appropriate clothing)
- bag lunch
- eye and ear protection
- Shooting mat
- Knee pads
- LTC/CHL or reciprocal license is required OR proof of no criminal recored from the police with a valid ID or via sentrylink by clicking here and forwarding us the results. Ages 21+.
Location: This course will be held at a private shooting range in Georgetown, TX. Directions will be emailed after registration.